- Everyone is different: every(woman) carries different, looks different and feels different. I've gotten really used to hearing "you don't look THAT pregnant!"At first it was annoying because I wanted to look pregnant and be acknowledged for the "work" inside that was going on, but now that I am 2 weeks away from my due date and looking pregnant but not "huge" I am OK with it. And, I know that my body is doing what is best for me/us.
- That our bodies really are meant to do this! I never imagined it would feel so natural, and that I would feel so GOOD!
- That I would be able to exercise as much or as long as I have. I know this isn't universal, so I do feel fortunate to be able to keep moving. I've really enjoyed trying new things too like yoga and water aerobics.
- There are many things that you NEVER hear about until you are pregnant (unless you work the medical field, perhaps): all of these little embarrassing and funny physical or hormonal things that happen... and some weird and painful things too... stuff that when they happen you turn to your partner and say "YOU did this to me!!" (I was guilty of saying this to Eric after the "video night" in our child birthing class)
- That relationships change - this was scary at first (would friends still call to hang out? how would it impact our marriage?). And what I've learned as that most of our relationships are enriched by this journey-- and the friendships that aren't meant to be right now may fall away or change. And that is OK (and maybe down the road they will form again). After all, lives and relationships are always fluid, we are ALL always changing...
- That you dont really get to "eat for two". Major bummer! All you really need is 200-300 extra calories a day.
- That the support we've had from family and friends makes me feel loved every single day. This one wasn't a surprise, but I feel fortunate to have such a wonderful support system
No comments:
Post a Comment