Isaac's developmental themes this month have been walking, storage & communication.
Walking: Isaac is walking everywhere and for long distances. He can pivot and change directions. He now prefers walking over crawling, although if he's in a hurry he'll drop down to all fours. No running. Yet.
Storage: Isaac's mastering the concept of storage, meaning he'll combine multiple objects in one hand and he's so curious about how things fit together and how they work. His favorite toy this week is a sock monkey jack-in-the-box, pictured above (how do I make it open? how does the sock monkey fit back in the box?)
Communication: We're really seeing the communication light come on this month. He's been pointing at everything! He's also waving bye-bye a lot (sometimes at cars driving by....) and is using his body to communicate (ex: the wiggle/leg hump means "up" and he seems to know the hand sign for milk). He's making more and more sound combos. He's also imitating -- when one of us is talking on the phone, he puts his hand up to his ear. And, when I tell the dog to stay, and give the dog the hand motion, Isaac copies me!
| This picture cracks me up - a rare zen moment - pondering life |
And all I learned new this month is how to cut a board wrong twice, before making it fit into a new basement floor! Go Isaac! Go! Cut Grandpa Cut!
ReplyDeleteOh I miss him so much!! I can't wait to hug him in person.
ReplyDelete