Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

IPA for our baby boy (well, more for us)















Yesterday we went to Cellar Homebrew to pick up ingredients to brew an IPA. If all goes according to plan, it will be ready to drink when my son is born! It's going to be a rye IPA with loads of citrus hops. With any luck it will be 6% ABV grapefruit bomb! Yum.

In lieu of the occasion, I'm sampling some of the standard-bearers of the style: Bear Republic Hot Rod Rye IPA, Lagunitas Hop Stoopid IPA, and Ninkasi Total Domination IPA. Now, the only rye IPA is the Bear Republic, but the others are darn tasty and I couldn't pass them up. All are north of 8%, so my beer will be the weenie of the bunch, but I'm ok with that. I'm looking forward to sharing it on our boy's b-day. Just be sure to save one for momma, she deserves it!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm IPA. We're looking forward to having a few of those when we are in town next week. Thankfully, we can get one IPA here in Stockholm - Brew Dog Punk IPA from England (a beer we had never known before moving here, but after German lagers it's much appreciated).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...