What do you get when you cross a
10K running race with
boot-camp style obstacles,
crazy costumes and
a whole lot of mud?
It's called the Dirty Dash!
I participated in this fun-mud-run yesterday and it was an absolute blast!
By far the most fun 6-mile run I've ever done...
Our friend Michelle organized a team of friends, officially called team "Dipstix".
We dressed as '80's sports fanatics.
Here are the before and after pictures of our team:
![]() |
| "Before": All Clean and ready to run! |
![]() |
| "After": Happily muddy |
I was a little nervous about the race, because I've only been running 2-4 miles regularly, and there's a bit of altitude here in Park City (almost 7,000 feet). But, the obstacles broke up the trail running and really, it was more about having fun than getting a 'personal record' (did they even time us? I'm not sure!). Not to say it wasn't a great workout... I'm definitely feeling it today!
To give you an idea of the route, here is a map from the Dirty Dash website (http://www.thedirtydash.com/). If you love running and/or having fun, you HAVE to try one of these!



No comments:
Post a Comment