Oliver here.
My Mom is pretty busy chasing me around the house, so she asked I write an update about what I've been up to (I wrote one at 6 months, too. See that post here).
Well, I am 8 months now. Which feels pretty big because I am doing some pretty cool stuff. For example, I figured out how to move around the house... on my own! At first, I figured out I could pull up, stand, and move my legs to get around. My mom sure looked surprised (and pleased) when she saw me standing in my crib that first morning...
After I mastered cruising around on foot, I figured I'd finally try that thing they call crawling. I got the hang of it this month, although I much prefer to stand up if I can (see videos below that my mom uploaded).
My favorite things this month are:
- Playing "take the ball" with the dog
- Grabbing big brother's toys when no one is looking (I've got a ninja-speed grip)
- Harassing the doggy (who I call "augh")
- Babbling in different sounds and consonants
- Following the doggy
- Laughing with big brother
- Pulling at the doggy's ears
- Pulling at mommy's hair
- Waving and clapping
- Figuring out how objects go together (like sunglasses go on on daddy's head) and sharing objects (like giving the doggy his ball, or a piece of food...)
Can you tell I really like the doggy?
Well, I'm off to bedtime. My parents have me on a pretty set schedule these days, but I feel very rested and only wake my mom once or twice at night to eat.
Also, I will have my Mom write soon about our recent adventures to the Tri-Cities. So check back soon for a new update.
Until next month!
Ollie

No comments:
Post a Comment